This carrot soup recipe is not only filling, healthy and delicious but it can be rustled up in under 15mins! A simple classic perfect for dinner on one of these windy days we've been having.
YOU WILL NEED:
1 large potato
600ml vegetable stock
1/2 tsp grated ginger
75ml single cream
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
a handful of coriander
salt & pepper to season
- First chop and peel the veg, put it in a large saucepan - with 3 glugs of oil and let soften for 10mins.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the stock, and stir in the ginger & mixed herbs.
3. Add the stock to the veg and bring to the boil, leave it for a further 10mins, or until it has reduced. In the same measuring jug, stir the slightly chopped coriander and cream together - set aside.
1/4 small loaf of Sourdough bread (I got mine from M&S)
salt & pepper
- Chop up the bread into cubes, mix in a tray with oil and seasoning. Bake in an oven of 200°C for 7 or 8 mins, until some are crispy.
- Once the soup has reduced, put in a blender with 3/4 of the cream mixture. Take the croutons out the oven. Serve with a drizzle of cream, 4-5 croutons and some salt & pepper.
Sabrina Lucille xx